We couldn’t wait to share these with you as they are such a great idea for your easter theme! As you might already know, we just love cake pops, thanks to Bakerella and these easter egg cake pops really look fantastic. Who said little cakes on sticks couldn’t look amazing. The technique for making cake pops is very easy and these are simple enough to let your kids join in for a bit of fun!
Use your favourite cake mix….strawberry cake mix with cream cheese frosting is delicious! For cake pop recipes and fabulous cake pop decorating ideas go to Bakerella!
INGREDIENTS for decorating the pops:
Sprinkles in various colours
Paper lollypop sticks
Fake Grass or Wheat Grass
White Square Container
- Bake the cake in the flavour of your choice
- When cooled break the cake apart and rub until it becomes like breadcrumbs
- Mix cake crumbs with frosting until it resembles a thick moist consistency
- Cool in the fridge for 15 mins
- Shape the cake balls into an egg shape.
- Melt candy, let cool slightly.
- Dip lollypop stick in candy coating and insert into the cake ball. Repeat with all balls then let cool in the fridge.
- Dip cake pops into candy coating, tap lightly to let extra drip off.
- Sprinkle entire egg with sugar or sprinkles. Use a bowl to sprinkle over.
- Let sit in the styrofoam block until dry.
- Repeat with varying designs and colors.
Once dry, cut styrofoam to fit container. Add grass on top of styrofoam. Insert cake pops into styrofoam and cover stick with grass.
Give it a go, you will LOVE them!
Easter Cake Pops: Modern Foodie Blogspot
Images via: modernfoodie.blogspot.com
Table setting: Social Couture