Heart shaped potpourri pouches are perfect for a kids party craft project! Using your child’s favourite printed card and co-ordinating velvet and satin ribbons to add some finishing touches. Lovely scented drawer pouches for your little one’s bedroom or as a beautiful hand made gift for a birthday party!
DIY Heart Shaped Potpourri Pouches
- scrapbook, craft or card stock paper
- A4 card for template
- hole punch
- Make a template of a love heart out of cardboard to use for tracing onto your paper. This will ensure all hearts are the same size for every child.
- Trace around your template onto your patterned paper and cut out two hearts. Hold the two hearts together with paperclips so they are lined up one on top of the other.
- Spacing evenly, punch holes around the edge of heart starting at the tip of your heart.
- Place both hearts together lining up holes.
- Starting where you would like to tie your bow, sew the ribbon (or lace it) folding the end of the ribbon to make it easier to sew. When you have about 2-3 holes left stuff your Heart with potpourri.
- Finish your sewing and tie a pretty bow to secure your pouch.