`

Dinosaur Themed Kids Party

Dinosaur Boys Birthday Party

We were so excited when Kenwood Lay of the award winning Simple Finance Solutions asked us to design their son’s Dinosaur Party. Ethan was turning 5, his baby brother Elton was turning 1 and what a fun party we were going to plan for these adorable little boys.

With everything from ‘dinosaur’ themed jelly ‘dino digs’‘tree trunks..a.k.a brownies’, jungle bites and dino droppings to a realistic looking dinosaur cake on the Dessert Table, Kenwood was thrilled to surprise their boys with a Dino-mite birthday party that would make the kids ‘Roar’ with excitement.

Boys Dinosaur Party

With over 100 guests attending the dinosaur themed function at Geckos Family Fun Centre, the day turned out to be dino-rific! Ethan & Elton had 35 little guests who were all ready to play party games, indoor glow in the dark putt-putt golf, laser tronicsball tronics and go crazy on the 3 storey playground.

Cake Pops

Boys Party

The party room was filled with a buzz of drama and excitement with the soundtrack from Jurassic Park filtering through the surround sound system, the gushing sounds of the flowing waterfall and the over abundance of foliage and greenery to set the mood.

Dinosaur Kids Birthday

There were dinosaurs everywhere! Peeking out of plants, on top of cakes, even in the middle of all the tables that were lined with black satin. The edible table centrepieces were perfect for little fingers with yummy cheeto chips as part of the dinosaur landscape.

The dinosaur dessert table was lavishly filled with gourmet cupcakes decorated with grass-like icing and topped with chocolate moulded dinosaurs, Dino Cake Pops, Dino Dumps, Dinosaur Ginger Bread Cookies and a colour themed Lolly Bar stretching over a 6 metre buffet.

Dinosaur Green, Sunset Orange, Earthy Brown and Black was the perfect colour theme combination for this amazing kids party!

Table Centrepiece

During the cake cutting the party guests were delighted to see the delicious mudcake centre in the middle of what some thought was a dinosaur sculpture! Cake Star did an amazing job of creating the life like, showstopping Dinosaur cake.

Kids Party Decorations

Dinosaur Adventure

The extravagant party favours included inflatable dinosaurs, grow your own dinosaurs in hatchable eggs, all beautifully put together with personalised ‘thankyou’ tags from Ethan & Elton.

Happy Birthday boys!

Invitations: Marabous

Event Styling: Marabous

Cake: Cake Star

Venue: Geckos Family Fun Centre

Bamboo Cutlery: Princess and the Pirate

15 Comments »

15 Comments

1. Charice says:

Love the party decorations!!! So cute…everything looks great! Can you tell me where you purchased the printables? I have been looking for something like this for my son’s dinosaur themed party.

Thanks for your help!!!

2. Christina lara says:

were did you get dinosaurs cake made at. because I would like to order one and need phone number and address and you can e-mail Christina.lara47@yahoo.co.uk.

3. Kate says:

Hello
    Fabulous party!
    Have been looking for dinosaur printables and these are just perfect!! Do you know where they were purchased from ?

4. ashley says:

how can i get a party like that for my son? he would love that set up

5. Valerie says:

Hi, amazing party!!! Where can I find the Dino printables??? I luv then there so cute…

6. Julie m says:

Hi,

Everything looks amazing… Looks like it was a great party.. Quick question for the dessert table you have dinosaur digs? what is that?

7. stacey says:

Hi, I was the Geckos party host for this event! It was incredible! Absolutely amazing!
    We are looking for someone to do our son’s 2nd birthday, could you let me know of some ideas we can go with?
    You can contact me via my email address. Thanks

• Marabous says:

Hi Stacey, thanks for all your assistance on the day, you were a fantastic Party Host and Geckos is now one of our preferred venues for children’s events. For your son’s 2nd birthday please see our “Kids Parties” page where you will find great inspiration for DIY parties. Since your are Brisbane based I can recommend “The Princess and the Pirate” for a great range of party supplies across many themes suitable for boys parties. http://www.theprincessandthepirate.com.au please let us know if you need anything else :)

8. rachel says:

Awsome luv the detail!!! what lucky kids!!!

9. Vienna says:

omg…that is one incredible party!

10. Sheri says:

Thanks for the great ideas, love your site it’s so creative!!!

11. Trang says:

Wow! What an amazing party you put together! I’m sure the b’day boys were the envy of all the kids! I know who I’ll be going to if I decide to throw a party for my 30th!!! Well done guys!

• Marabous says:

Thanks Trang, the party was a huge hit with all the kids. Be sure to check out the “Adult Birthday” section for some great inspiration for your 30th!