Love these Divine Strawberry Margarita Jelly Shots! Perfect for a delicious NYE celebration…
- Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
- Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry.
- Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
- Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
- 1 box Strawberry Jelly
- 8 ounces Tequila
- 6 ounces Cointreau
- Salt for garnish
- Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in jelly powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
- Combine Tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquor mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquor mixture to hot jelly mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour final jelly mix into strawberries and refrigerate until firm (approx. 4 hours). Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.
ENJOY! Happy New Year Everyone!